Have you been charged with a speeding ticket or other traffic infraction?
Speeding tickets and other traffic infractions can affect you beyond just a monetary fine. Traffic infractions, like speeding tickets, lead to demerit points which can jeopardize your driver’s license and cause much higher insurance premiums.
Our entire practice is focused on defending those charged with criminal and serious traffic offenses like yours. I can help you by getting your traffic infraction or speeding ticket dismissed or reduced, usually without you needing to appear in court.
What are the potential consequences of a traffic infraction conviction?
- 1-9 mph over the speed limit: 3 demerit points in Virginia
- 10-19 mph over the speed limit: 4 demerit points in Virginia
- 20+ mph over the speed limit: 6 demerit points in Virginia
- Following too closely: 4 demerit points in Virginia
Accumulating 18 or more demerit points within 12 months, or 24 demerit points within a 24 month period will result in an automatic suspension of your license by the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles.
Check the status of your driving record by visiting your local DMV, either in person or online. You can also check out our Resources page to find a link to your local DMV website.
What can I do for you?
- Potentially get your charge reduced or dismissed
- Typically I can appear on your behalf so you don’t have to go to court
- Potentially minimize the consequences of a conviction
Our Practice Areas include:
- Reckless Driving
- Following Too Closely
- Failure to Yield
- Improper Lane Change
- Improper Passing
- Hit and Run
- Driving on a Suspended License
- Aggressive Driving
- Habitual Offender charges
- Commercial Driver violations
- Assisting Out of State Drivers
- And Other Moving violations
Call us today for a free consultation to discuss the specifics of your case.